Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Way

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
It's "My Way" time!

I love getting chances to see what others are doing with our Sketch Support sketches and enjoy that so many of you share them with us. Here's a look at how several scrapbookers took our sketches and used them their way.


"Fun & Games" by Joanne Burton
Based on Two-page Sketch #10

I used my sewing machine to create the grid and then I hand-cut the tickets from the pattern paper, backed them with white cardstock and used foam adhesive to pop them up.



• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"9th Birthday" card by Sarah Utting, Scotland, UK
Based on Card Sketch #4
Supplies - Card blank: PaperMania; Patterned Papers: Jillibean Soup, Scenic Route; Number sticker: American Crafts; Punches: Dovecraft; Sentiment: Craftwork Cards; Flat back jewels: PaperMania


"Water Fun" by Sarah Utting, Scotland, UK
Based on One-page Sketch #3
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Patterned paper: Echo Park; Punch: Martha Stewart; Alphabet stickers: American Crafts.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •



"The Life of a Puppy" by Erica Marshall, Springfield, MO
Based on Two-page Sketch #10
Supplies: Paper from My Mind's Eye and various cardstock, brads, Chestnut chalk, Boys Will Be Boys Cricut Cartridge

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •



"Little Boy" by Jodi Wilton, Welland, Ontario Canada
Based on Two-page Sketch #9

Layout info: I have been scrapping so much of my little girl Taylor, I thought I needed to take some time to scrap my sons baby pictures. I love the clustering in the sketch, and stuck with stars. I decided to emboss the stars on my cuttle bug to give them more texture. The stick pin in the ribbon was made by punching out two small stars and pop dotting them up on a flat sewing pin! So easy and so cute!


"Little Girl" by Jodi Wilton, Welland, Ontario Canada
Based on Two-page Sketch #9

This is my daughter Taylor, and instead of the star theme, I used hearts.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••



9 comments:

MichelleB said...

Love all the different takes on the sketch! These are great layouts!

Michele said...

My comment got lost so I'll try again. This is one off my favourite parts of your site. Lovely layout everyone, Fun and Games really pops, and the Puppy page is so sweet, but I'm a sucker for all things puppy. Thanks for sharing.

Erica Marshall said...

Everyone made such beautiful projects! Thanks for giving us the chance to show off our work! So FUN!!

Christina Hoffman said...

Great job everyone! Lots of talented ladies out there.

alexa said...

These are all lovely ... Such great variations and interpretations. Thank-you for the chance to see so many altogether.

Michelle said...

These are all wonderful!!! I love what Joanne did with our Animal Cracker's line!!! I love the card! All the fun little kid/baby pages are so so cute!!

thearthurz said...

Love all of the different perspectives on the sketches!! Great job!! :)

dawn said...

These are all great, love seeing different peoples ideas with your sketches. Way to go ladies.

Carolyn Wolff said...

I love all these layouts. I want a send a special shout out to Joanne. She is my BFF! Love your layout!